Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Worship


In church Sunday I was challenged to think about worship.

Where do I spend most of my time?

In my home, taking care of my house and children.

This is my calling. I do this because I love Jesus and this is the job he’s given me. My little ones are my primary “mission field” right now. And I love it.

But it’s easy to begin to worship the calling instead of the Caller, the home instead of the Door, the family instead of the Father.

If all this were stripped away, would I still be happy? If my calling changed, could I give this up? What happens when surroundings change and the nest is empty? Am I empty too?

Has it become The Most Important Thing, the thing I worship? Or have I reserved that place for God?

Things to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment